26th Estates and Trusts Summit (Day Two)
Click here for Day One information
Thursday, October 19, 2023 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 [click to view options]
Page Count: 165
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Nimali GamageGoddard Gamage LLP
Cate GraingerHarrison Pensa LLP
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn about some of the most significant recent developments in estates and trusts law! Day One addresses the latest information on estates, trusts, and capacity/elder law litigation, while Day Two focuses on the estate solicitor's practice, including planning, administration, and tax.
- What are the tax issues for non-resident beneficiaries?
- How can we reduce compassion fatigue in legal practice?
- What do you need to know about disclosure orders and orders for direction?
- How can you guard against common LAWPRO complaints in estate planning?
- What are the promises and perils of using AI in your legal practice?
- What advice do you give attorneys who are acting for capable yet vulnerable people?
- Nimali Gamage, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Cate Grainger, Harrison Pensa LLP
- Emily Hubling, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Debra Stephens, Tupman & Bloom LLP
- Matthew Furrow, Arkin Furrow Estate Law LLP
- Dawn Phillips-Brown, Madorin, Snyder LLP
- Rahul Sharma, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Jordan Atin, C.S., TEP, Hull & Hull LLP
- Yasmin Vinograd, Merovitz Potechin LLP
- Kathryn Balter, Fogler, Rubinoff LLP
- Laura Geddes, Siskinds LLP
- Kimberly Whaley, C.S., TEP, WEL Partners
- Gemma Charlton, Harrison Pensa LLP
- The Honourable Justice Bernadette Dietrich, Superior Court of Justice
- Carol Craig, Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
- Lakin Afolabi, Barrister & Solicitor
- Fraser Kelly, Barrister & Solicitor
- Julian Franch, Minden Gross LLP
- Dr. Kenneth Shulman, Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Ctr University of Toronto
- Laroux Peoples, WeirFoulds LLP
- Amy Salyzyn, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa