26th Estates and Trusts Summit (Day One)
Click here for Day Two information
Wednesday, October 18, 2023 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Clare BurnsWeirFoulds LLP
Kathleen McDormandBorden Ladner Gervais LLP
With the option to attend in-person this year, this two-day summit is not only an opportunity to learn about some of the most significant recent developments in estates and trusts law, but is a chance to interact in-person with fellow professionals and leading practitioners. Day One addresses the latest information on estates, trusts, and capacity/elder law litigation, while Day Two focuses on the estate solicitor's practice, including planning, administration, and tax. Don't miss out on this must-see summit!
- What are the tax issues for non-resident beneficiaries?
- How can we reduce compassion fatigue in legal practice?
- What do you need to know about disclosure orders and orders for direction?
- How can you structure your estates planning practice to minimize risk?
- What are the promises and perils of using AI in your legal practice?
- What advice do you give attorneys who are acting for capable yet vulnerable people?
- Clare Burns, WeirFoulds LLP
- Kathleen McDormand, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- The Honourable Justice Patrice Band, Ontario Court of Justice
- Alex Smith, Henein Hutchison Robitaille LLP
- Brian Cohen, Gowlings WLG (Canada) LLP
- Sébastien Desmarais, Tax and Estate Planner, TD Wealth Advisory Services
- Lou-Anne Farrell, Harrison Pensa Lawyers
- Gillian Fournie, de VRIES LITIGATION LLP
- Andrea McEwan, WeirFoulds LLP
- Matthew Rendely, Whaley Estate Litigation Partners
- Alexandra Mayeski, MayLex Litigation
- Tanisha Tulloch, Torkin Manes LLP
- David Wagner, TEP, Wagner Sidlofsky LLP
- Kavina Nagrani, C.S., TEP, NIKA LAW LLP
- Kristine Anderson, Bales Beall LLP
- Dianne Carter, Office of the Children’s Lawyer
- Brendan Donovan, Donovan Kochman LLP
- The Honourable Justice Fred Myers, Superior Court of Justice
- Kelly Charlebois, Miller Thomson LLP
- David Lobl, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Sidney Peters, Public Guardian & Trustee