Wills and Estates Refresher 2022
Friday, April 29, 2022 (9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 267
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Ed Esposto,Aird & Berlis LLP
Many elements go into a successful wills and estates law practice, but it all begins with a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals — a task made more complex than ever given recent legislative changes, and the pandemic. Our presenters take you through the necessary skills you need to have, from taking client instructions, to drafting the will, and reporting back to your client. They also offer insight accumulated from their years of experience to help you handle the complications that may arise. A must-attend program for those starting their legal career or anyone looking for practical guidance on fundamental principles.
- Hear about recent legislative changes and the impact of separated spouses on the provisions of a will
- Understand your professional obligations in respect of client capacity and virtual signatures
- Gain useful tips when drafting multiple wills
- Ed Esposto, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Amanda Stacey, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
- Corina Weigl, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP