Wills and Estates Refresher 2021
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 242
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Ed Esposto,Aird & Berlis LLP
There is no question — COVID-19 was a tipping point for a myriad of changes in procedure, process, and approach to your Estates practice. You've heard about the new developments as they were ushered in, but what does this mean for the fundamentals of your Estates practice and how you deliver these services to your clients? New legislation and wills' requirements along with the challenges of physical distancing have made day-to-day advice and drafting more complex. Our presenters take you through all the building blocks step by step, from the initial client meeting to an executed will and final reporting — so you can make sure you're not missing anything vital as you adjust to the "new normal".
- Receive useful tips on client interactions when physical distancing is required
- Understand your obligations and how to minimize risk when communicating electronically
- Learn how to meet the minimum evidentiary threshold and protect a will from challenge at the drafting stage
- Hear about best practices when dealing with remote witnessing
- Corina Weigl, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Lori Duffy, WeirFoulds LLP