The Six-Minute Employment Lawyer 2020
Thursday, June 18, 2020 (9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Access this audio-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 269
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Hena Singh,Singh Lamarche LLP
Craig Stehr,Gowlings WLG (Canada) LLP
In these unprecedented times, as an employment lawyer, you have had not only to radically change the way you practice law, working remotely from colleagues and clients, but you have had to keep on top of a deluge of developments that have arisen in the workplace context in light of the pandemic. This Six-Minute program is an efficient way to keep up to speed on the latest cases and approaches.
- How do you operate a virtual law firm?
- Will the pandemic change the law of layoffs?
- How are work refusals and constructive dismissal claims being addressed in the time of COVID-19?
- What issues should you consider when conducting remote investigations?
- Carita Wong, Israel Foulon LLP
- Amanda Hunter, Hunter Liberatore LLP
- Ewan Christie, Duntrune LLP
- Zaheer Lakhani, Lakhani Campea LLP
- Gregory Ko, Kastner Lam LLP
- Parisa Osborne, Senior Legal Counsel, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Lisa Stam, SpringLaw
- Juda Strawczynski, Director, practicePRO, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO)
- Paul Willetts, Vey Willetts LLP
- Cheryl Waram, Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs, Canada Post Corporation
- Joy Noonan, Aptus Conflict Solutions Inc.
- Sean O’Donnell, Principal, SJO Legal Professional Corporation
- Michelle Henry, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Hendrik Nieuwland, Shields O'Donnell MacKillop LLP
- Sundeep Gokhale, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
- Colin Youngman, Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP
- Christopher Andree, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Mihad Fahmy, Barrister and Solicitor
- Sarah Vokey, Heeney Vokey LLP
- Matthew Musters, Forensic Investigator, Computer Forensics Inc.