The Annotated Will 2021
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Friday, May 21, 2021 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 182
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Darren Lund, TEP,Miller Thomson LLP
Jane MartinJane Martin Law
Is there even such a thing as a "simple will" these days? The events of 2020 demonstrated to us all — and especially to your clients — the value of cogent, proper succession planning for their assets. And you want to reassure yourself that you have a solid grasp on the basics of correct drafting for will terms, conditions, and codicils. Our presenters give you that and more in this program, including precedents to reference and specific language to help you draft clear and precise language that meets your clients' needs. This is one of our most popular half-day programs every year because it delivers the goods.
- Get an update on virtual practice, technological aids, and wills in the time of COVID
- Consider how to build a more inclusive practice by using gender neutral language in your precedents
- Gain insight on how to avoid gift failures, partial intestacies, and accidental gaps in “gifts over”
- Learn how First Nations property rights impact estate planning
- Receive an update on best practices for registered funds, pensions, and tax issues
- Darren Lund, TEP, Miller Thomson LLP
- Jane Martin, Jane Martin Law
- Nicole Richmond, Barrister and Solicitor
- Susannah Roth, TEP, O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers LLP