Practice Gems: Probate Essentials 2023
Tuesday, September 26, 2023 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Monday, November 20, 2023 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 55
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Ambie Edgar-Chana, TEP,Edgar Chana Law
Craig RossPallett Valo LLP
Are you confident when advising estate trustees about debts, valuing assets, record keeping, and other issues arising in applications for Certificates of Appointment of Estate Trustee? Are you aware of the tools and rules available to help you complete, or make progress on, difficult probate situations? Our expert practitioners share practical approaches and invaluable precedents to help you address the challenges you will encounter.
- How and when do you use Orders for Assistance (Rule 74.15(1))?
- How do you value assets? What should (or should not) be included?
- When should you opt to use the new small estates probate rules?
- Sara Beheshti, Sara Beheshti Professional Corporation
- Aaron Edgar, Edgar Chana Law
- Lucinda Main, WeirFoulds LLP
- Alexandra Manthorpe, Cunningham, Swan, Carty, Little & Bonham LLP
- Alexandra Mayeski, MayLex Litigation
- Marni Pernica, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Brendon Pooran, PooranLaw Professional Corporation
- Paul Taylor, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP