Practice Gems: Probate Essentials 2021
Thursday, September 23, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 143
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Peter Lillico,Lillico Bazuk Galloway Halka
Alison MinardMcCarthy Tétrault LLP
Many Ontario probate applications are rejected due to simple document errors. Are you confident that your applications won’t be among those? Knowing the essentials to probate a will properly is your key to guiding your clients through an efficient and successful probate process. Our expert practitioners provide you with practical strategies and well-drafted precedents to help you navigate any issues you encounter. Don’t miss this foundational program.
- Learn about using trusts to avoid probate
- Get an overview of the Accelerating Access to Justice Act
- Consider probate application timing issues
- Review the new process for probating small estates
- Peter Lillico, Lillico Bazuk Galloway Halka
- Alison Minard, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Ashley Tinney-Fischer, Ashley Tinney-Fischer Professional Corporation
- Wendy Templeton, Templeton Law
- Thea Kurdi, DesignABLE Enviroments Inc.
- The Honourable Thomas McEwen, Superior Court of Justice
- Joan Jung, Minden Gross LLP
- Rahul Sharma, Miller Thomson LLP
- Hilary Van de Kamer, Robinsons Law
- Raymond Leclair, Vice-President, Public Affairs, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO®)
- Kavina Nagrani, CS., JD, TEP, NIKA LAW LLP