Beyond the FSCO Report: Family Law and Pensions
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Jason Howie, C.S.Howie Johnson Barristers & Solicitors
As practitioners of family law, there are many things that can keep you up at night—valuing and dividing pensions shouldn't be one of them. Maybe you're plugging in information from the FSCO report without a clear understanding of what the numbers mean, or maybe you need a refresher on the fundamentals. Our presenters can help. They start by reviewing the different types of pensions and then show you the ins and outs of the report from FSCO: how to interpret it, how to utilize it, and how to handle special considerations such as income tax, post-separation issues, and more.
- Learn the differences between federally and provincially regulated pensions
- Be aware of the risk management issues in dealing with pensions
- Get an update on the latest case law and legislation
- Kavita Bhagat, C.S., Kavita V. Bhagat Professional Corporation
- Jason Howie, C.S., Howie Johnson Barristers & Solicitors
- James (Jay) Jeffery, Dilkes, Jeffery & Associates, Inc.
- Marta Siemiarczuk, Nelligan O'Brien Payne LLP
- Christopher Stankiewicz, Claims Counsel, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Campany (LawPRO)
- Geoffrey Wells, MacDonald & Partners LLP