Best Practices for Paralegals Dealing with Self-Represented Parties
Friday, October 20, 2023 (9:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 29
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Christina De PalmaDe Palma & Associates Legal Services PC
Advocating for clients is often challenging and handling a case where there's a self-represented litigant on the other side can add further complexity to your work. Learn how to efficiently deal with a self-rep, to make your work easier and your efforts more cost-effective for your client. Our presenters help you understand how to productively interact with a self-represented litigant in writing, and they give you a step-by-step guide that demonstrates how they move a file towards resolution when the opposing party is self-represented.
- Learn more about your ethical obligations with self-reps
- Get tips on how to address potential pitfalls in defining your role
- Learn how to actively listen and communicate clearly with those less familiar with legal proceedings
- Robert Barber, Prevail Paralegal Services Professional Corporation
- Reilly Cservenyi, Dean Cservenyi LLP
- Christina De Palma, De Palma & Associates Legal Services PC
- Lyndsay Dubois, J & N Paralegal Services
- Michael Radan, Senior Assessment Advocate, Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)