A Guide for Law Practice Transitions to Part-Time and Alternative Practice Arrangements
Tuesday, November 14, 2023 (10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 97
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Jeffrey Davies , retired co-founder of Davies Howe LLP
With change comes the opportunity to reflect - what do we want to focus on in our professional (and personal) lives? If you are thinking about transitioning from full-time to part-time practice or just looking to see whether an alternative approach to working in law/providing legal services is right for you, there are many options to consider. Our speakers share their stories of practice transition and provide you with tips and techniques to help facilitate your own practice shift.
- Hear from other lawyers and paralegals who made the shift from full- to part-time/alternative practice
- Get tips on financial planning approaches to prepare for a transition to part-time practice
- Learn business strategies and techniques to make your practice change successful
- Doug Carroll, Tax & Estate Specialist, Aviso Wealth Inc.
- Erin C. Cowling, Founder & CEO, Flex Legal Network Inc.
- Jeffrey Davies, retired co-founder of Davies Howe LLP
- Erin Durant, Durant Barristers
- Jamie Golombek, Managing Director, Tax and Estate Planning, CIBC
- Karen Goncalves, KMG Law
- Raquel Quenneville, Confident Direction
- Vanessa Lam, Lam Family Law