25th Estates and Trusts Summit (Day Two)
Click here for Day One information
Thursday, October 20, 2022 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 232
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Nimali GamageGoddard Gamage LLP
Cate GraingerHarrison Pensa LLP
If you practise estates and trusts law, this annual summit is your resource for the year's most important developments in this field. Our presenters address estates, trusts, and capacity/elder law litigation matters on the first day, and the focus shifts to planning, administration, powers of attorney, and tax matters on the second. Looking for a comprehensive summary of what you need to know about this growing practice area? Our speakers are experienced practitioners, judges, financial experts, and related professionals who can give you the latest information.
- How far back should production requests go?
- What are the key cases and developments in 2022 you need to know about?
- How is the law changing on marriage validity?
- How do ODSP and disability issues impact estate administration and litigation?
- What has the Supreme Court said about rectification remedies?
- What are cultural and jurisdictional considerations in estate planning?
- Nimali Gamage, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Cate Grainger, Harrison Pensa LLP
- The Honourable Bernadette Dietrich, Superior Court of Justice
- Laura Geddes, Siskinds LLP
- Mustafa Jilani, Harrison Pensa LLP
- Alexander Procope, Perez Bryan Procope LLP
- Jordan Atin, C.S., TEP, Hull & Hull LLP
- Tannis Waugh, C.S., Waugh & Co Professional Corporation
- Brittany Miller, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Alexandra Manthorpe, Cunningham, Swan, Carty, Little & Bonham LLP
- Judith Wahl, Wahl Elder Law
- Benjamin Arkin, Arkin Furrow Estate Law LLP
- Ambie Edgar-Chana, Edgar Chana Law Professional Corporation
- Laura Tamblyn Watts, President & CEO, CanAge
- Nicole Richmond, Barrister and Solicitor
- Darren Lund, TEP, Miller Thomson LLP
- Daniel Paperny, WEL Partners
- Marshall Swadron, Swadron Associates