25th Estates and Trusts Summit (Day One)
Click here for Day Two information
Wednesday, October 19, 2022 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Monday, December 12, 2022 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 279
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Clare BurnsWeirFoulds LLP
Kathleen McDormandBorden Ladner Gervais LLP
If you practise estates and trusts law, this annual summit is your resource for the year's most important developments in this field. Our presenters address estates, trusts, and capacity/elder law litigation matters on the first day, and the focus shifts to planning, administration, powers of attorney, and tax matters on the second. Looking for a comprehensive summary of what you need to know about this growing practice area? Our speakers are experienced practitioners, judges, financial experts, and related professionals who can give you the latest information.
- How far back should production requests go?
- What are the key cases and developments in 2022 you need to know about?
- How is the law changing on marriage validity?
- How do ODSP and disability issues impact estate administration and litigation?
- What has the Supreme Court said about rectification remedies?
- What are cultural and jurisdictional considerations in estate planning?
- Clare Burns, WeirFoulds LLP
- Kathleen McDormand, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- The Honourable Cory Gilmore, Superior Court of Justice
- The Honourable Judy A. Fowler Byrne, Superior Court of Justice
- Kimberly Whaley, C.S., TEP, WEL Partners
- Mary Phan, Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee
- Krystyne Rusek, Pallett Valo LLP
- Josh Epstein, HBSc, CPA, CA, CFF, CFE, Senior Manager, Forensics and Litigation Support, MNP
- Jan Goddard, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Ashleigh Frankel, The WiseMind Co.
- Lou-Anne Farrell, Harrison Pensa LLP
- Brendan Donovan, Donovan Kochman LLP
- Suzana Popovic-Montag, TEP, Hull & Hull LLP
- Yasmin Vinograd, Merovitz Potechin LLP
- The Honourable Susan Woodley, Superior Court of Justice
- Sébastien Desmarais, Tax and Estate Planner, TD Wealth Advisory Services
- Anne Posno, Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP
- Paul Taylor, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Ewa Krajewska, Henein Hutchison LLP