24th Estates and Trusts Summit (Day Two)
Click here for Day One information
Thursday, October 21, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Thursday, December 23, 2021 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 311
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Nimali GamageGoddard Gamage LLP
Alyson SweetloveGeorge Street Law Group LLP
The pace of change in estates and trusts law and practice is faster than it’s ever been. From hearings moving online to the virtual execution of wills, and whether you are a sole practitioner with a varied practice or a practitioner in a firm specializing in estates and trusts law, no aspect of your practice has been left untouched. This annual two-day program brings you the most important developments on what you want and need to know. Day One addresses the latest information on estates, trusts, and capacity/elder law litigation, while Day Two focusses on the estate solicitor's practice, including planning, administration, and tax. This is a foundational program for good reason.
- What common errors can you avoid at the will drafting stage?
- What advice should you give POAs about their role?
- What are the new small estate rules?
- How do you properly exercise a guardianship clause?
- The Honourable Bernadette Dietrich, Superior Court of Justice
- Jordan Atin, C.S., TEP, Hull & Hull LLP
- Grace McSorley, Deputy Ombudsperson, Ombudsperson for Banking Services and Investments
- Catherine Olsiak, SimpsonWigle Law LLP
- Cecile Ko Brock, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Barry Corbin, C.S., Corbin Estates Law Professional Corporation
- Susan Easterbrook, C.S., TEP, Susan Easterbrook Professional Corporation
- Jane Martin, Wilson Vukelich LLP
- Brittany Gillingham, McKellar Structured Settlements Inc.
- Craig Ross, Pallett Valo LLP
- Heather Hay, Co-ordinator, Elder Abuse Prevention Muskoka
- Darren Lund, TEP, Miller Thomson LLP
- Jordan Korn, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Kavina Nagrani, NIKA LAW LLP
- Alexandra Mayeski, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Eric Hoffstein, TEP, Fogler, Rubinoff LLP
- Nicole Woodward, Miller Thomson LLP
- Vicky Ringuette, Vicky M. Ringuette Barrister & Solicitor
- Susannah Roth, TEP, O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers LLP
- Nimali Gamage, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Alyson Sweetlove, George Street Law Group LLP