24th Estates and Trusts Summit (Day One)
Click here for Day Two information
Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 359
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Clare BurnsWeirFoulds LLP
Raymond MurrayNelligan O'Brien Payne LLP
The pace of change in estates and trusts law and practice is faster than it’s ever been. From hearings moving online to the virtual execution of wills, and whether you are a sole practitioner with a varied practice or a practitioner in a firm specializing in estates and trusts law, no aspect of your practice has been left untouched. This annual two-day program brings you the most important developments on what you want and need to know. Day One addresses the latest information on estates, trusts, and capacity/elder law litigation, while Day Two focusses on the estate solicitor's practice, including planning, administration, and tax. This is a foundational program for good reason.
- How do you litigate the rights of intangible assets, such as digital assets?
- What are the recent changes to the Succession Law Reform Act?
- How do you establish fair market value in the current housing market?
- When can you arbitrate estate disputes?
- The Honourable Barbara Conway, Superior Court of Justice
- The Honourable Sally Gomery, Superior Court of Justice
- The Honourable Calum MacLeod, Superior Court of Justice
- Steven Hacker, CPA, CA, CBV, CFF, Valuation and Litigation Support, MNP
- Samiah Ibrahim, Forensic Document Examiner, Forensink Corp
- Brandon Lewis, CPA, CA, CBV, CFF, White & Lewis
- Sebastien Desmarais, Tax and Estate Planner, TD Wealth Advisory Services
- Ian Pryor, Pryor Tax Law
- Michael Swindley, Templeman LLP
- Brendan Donovan, Donovan Kochman LLP
- Doron Gold, Staff Clinician, Homewood Health
- M. Kathleen Kinch, Kinch Eddie Litigation Professional Corporation
- Amelia Yiu, Elm Law Professional Corporation
- Bianca La Neve, WeirFoulds LLP
- Anne Posno, Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP
- Justin de Vries, de VRIES LITIGATION LLP
- Andrea McEwan, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Susan Stamm, Counsel, Property Rights, Office of the Children's Lawyer, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Kathleen McDormand, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- John Poyser, TEP, WEL Partners
- Clare Burns, WeirFoulds LLP
- Raymond Murray, Nelligan O'Brien Payne LLP