The Six-Minute Environmental Lawyer 2022
Friday, October 21, 2022 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 196
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
John Georgakopoulos, C.S.Willms & Shier Environmental Lawyers LLP
Ramani Nadarajah, C.S., Policy CounselLaw Commission of Ontario
Environmental law's breaking developments are a good fit for the focussed approach of a six-minute program model. Our presenters cover key cases and policies, highlighting what you need to know about right now. This year, we address central professionalism concerns to help you practice ethically and effectively in an era of growing politicization. Obtain key regulatory and enforcement updates, hear about environmental and social governance issues for businesses, and get tips about best practices for working with environmental consultants.
- When do Ontario courts uphold pollution exclusion clauses in insurance policies?
- Must abandonment and reclamation obligations be discharged ahead of paying secured creditors?
- What are the proposals to expand administrative penalties for environmental contraventions?
- Dina Awad, Dentons Canada LLP
- Charles (Chuck) Birchall, C.S., Willms & Shier Environmental Lawyers LLP
- Mary Cummins, Registrar, Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority
- Radha Curpen, Bennett Jones LLP
- Tamara Farber, C.S., Miller Thomson LLP
- Winston Gee, Counsel, ESG, TD Bank Group
- Joshua Ginsberg, Ecojustice
- Richard Lindgren, Counsel, Canadian Environmental Law Association
- Michael Malleson, Counsel, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Marc McAree, C.S., Willms & Shier Environmental Lawyers LLP
- Ian Miron, Ecojustice
- Natalie Mullins, C.S., Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Alexandria Pike, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Linda Plumpton, Litigation, Torys LLP
- Madeline Ritchie, Counsel, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Joanna Rosengarten, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Hayley Valleau, Counsel, Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks