The Six-Minute Criminal Lawyer 2020
Saturday, April 18, 2020 (9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Friday, November 6, 2020 [click to view options]
Access this audio-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 314
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Robin FlumerfeltMinistry of the Attorney General
Carol Shirtliff-Hinds, Principal and Counsel,Shirtliff Hinds Law
Concise. Insightful. Comprehensive. In short, this Six-Minute program is a fast track to recent developments in criminal law. We capture a variety of perspectives from judges, defence counsel and Crown prosecutors, and each one gets to the point within minutes. You will receive materials that explore the topics in greater detail, and take away practical tips and advice you might not get elsewhere.
- What is the impact of the SCC ruling in Le on the exclusion of evidence under s.24(2)?
- How does COVID-19 impact the assessment to grant or refuse bail?
- How can you avoid LAWPRO claims in your criminal law practice?
- How are the courts dealing with jury selection issues after Bill C-75?
- Robin Flumerfelt, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Carol Shirtliff-Hinds, Principal and Counsel, Shirtliff Hinds Law
- Karen Papadopoulos, Councel, Crown Law Office - Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Gerald Chan, Stockwoods LLP
- The Honourable Iona Jaffe, Ontario Court of Justice
- Suzan Fraser, Fraser Advocacy
- Kim Schofield, Kim Schofield & Associates
- Anil Kapoor, Kapoor Barristers
- Jill Witkin, Counsel, Crown Law Office - Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Stephanie Di Giuseppe, Ruby Shiller Enenajor Di Giuseppe
- Brad Reitz, Counsel, Crown Law Office - Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Nader Hasan, Stockwoods LLP
- Sandra Thomas, Crown Counsel, Public Prosecution Service of Canada
- Megan Savard, Addario Law Group LLP
- Katie James, Claims Counsel, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company (LawPRO®)
- The Honourable Marcella Henschel, Ontario Court of Justice
- Katie Doherty, Counsel, Crown Law Office - Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General
- David Butt, Barrister and Solicitor
- Marina Elias, Crown Counsel, Public Prosecution Service of Canada
- Mary Birdsell, Executive Director, Justice for Children and Youth
- Susan Orlando, Deputy Director, Crown Law Office - Criminal, Ministry of the Attorney General