The Annotated Will 2020
Thursday, January 23, 2020 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 [click to view options]
Page Count: 138
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Susannah Roth, TEPO'Sullivan Estate Lawyers LLP
Mary-Alice Thompson, C.S., TEPCunningham Swan Carty Little & Bonham LLP
There are two things you need to draft effective wills: a thorough grasp of the basics and up-to-date thinking on topical clauses. Our presenters are expert wills and estates practitioners, and they make sure you check both boxes. They review the basics and select those critical clauses to explore in greater detail. Scrutinizing and discussing specific language helps you immeasurably when you come to draft wills that work for your clients. The time you put in here is time well spent.
- What is the latest on basket clauses after the Milne decision?
- When can or should you involve family members in drafting the Will?
- What’s the best approach to dealing with digital assets?
- Darren Lund, TEP, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Jane Martin, Beard Winter LLP
- Susannah Roth, TEP, O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers LLP
- Mary-Alice Thompson, C.S., TEP, Cunningham, Swan Cartly Little & Bonham LLP