The Annotated Guardianship Application 2021
Thursday, March 25, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Friday, June 25, 2021 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 148
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Jan Goddard,Goddard Gamage LLP
Ian Wright,Scott Petrie LLP
The number of people applying to be a guardian has been increasing, and the demographics of an aging population suggest this trend will continue. To be ready, you need up-to-date annotated precedents for the guardianship of incapable adults; we have those. We have also gathered expert lawyers and a judge to provide practical tips on how to provide sound advice and effective advocacy to your clients during these challenging times. This program comes along only every few years—don't pass up the opportunity!
- Learn how to use ADR to resolve disputes
- Discuss the cost issues in guardianship applications
- Consider the challenging issues involved in representing a person alleged to be incapable
- The Honourable Thomas McEwen, Superior Court of Justice
- Angela Casey, Casey & Moss LLP
- Lou-Anne Farrell, FP Law
- Jan Goddard, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Hayley Peglar, WeirFoulds LLP
- Alexander Procope, Perez Bryan Procope LLP
- Maria Salman, Arkin Furrow Estate Law LLP
- Ian Wright, Scott Petrie LLP