Remote Hearings: Practical Considerations
Friday, January 15, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 22
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Mohan Sharma, Executive Legal Officer, Office of the Chief JusticeSuperior Court of Justice
Alison Warner, Senior Legal OfficerCourt of Appeal for Ontario
You're all set for your hearing, but now you find out the hearing is moving online. Where do you start? You may be an experienced advocate but how do you make sure your key filings and documents are where they need to be now? A new technology platform, CaseLines, is being implemented in Ontario, and our presenters can help you out because they are directly involved with this pilot project. They give you straight information about how to get done what you need to, and where to go if you have questions, even if you're brand new to digital court filing technology. Not only for your benefit, but for the witnesses you want to call — you want to know how to get your work done easily and quickly.
- Learn how to use online technology platforms available through the courts
- Discover digital resources you can use to make your practice easier
- Understand how to prepare documents for screen share or quick access with digital bookmarking and highlighting
- Hear from key court staff on what judges want during an online hearing
- Discuss innovative ideas for making an objection or asking a question
- Mohan Sharma, Executive Legal Officer, Office of the Chief Justice, Superior Court of Justice
- Alison Warner, Senior Legal Officer, Court of Appeal for Ontario
- Michelle Bouthiette, PMP, Project Coordinator, Superior Court of Justice
- Lauren Binhammer, Counsel, Court of Appeal for Ontario
- Gillian Wright, Counsel, Court of Appeal for Ontario