Civil Litigation Refresher 2020
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Friday, December 18, 2020 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 185
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Alexandra UrbanskiStikeman Elliot LLP
Kosta KalogirosMcCarthy Tétrault LLP
A successful civil litigator needs to have it all — a solid grasp of the fundamentals, expert client management skills, and the ability to think on your feet, all while handling day-to-day challenges and confronting ethical dilemmas. Our presenters guide you through the building blocks of file management and communication, drafting cogently, navigating the trial, and today’s concerns when litigating remotely.
- Understand the considerations in selecting and retaining an expert
- Hear about the lessons learned during court closures
- Discuss the limitations period and the implications of orders made under Ontario’s Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
- Learn how to overcome challenges with best practices during physical distancing, remote hearings, and virtual commissioning
- Alexandra Urbanski, Stikeman Elliot LLP
- Neil Wilson, Stevenson Whelton LLP
- Jacqueline Cole, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Justin Nasseri, Goddard Nasseri LLP
- Denise Cooney, Paliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLP
- Barry Stork, Clyde & Co. LLP
- Hilary Book, Book Law
- Sachin Persaud, Boghosian + Allen LLP
- Kosta Kalogiros, McCarthy Tétrault LLP