Back to Basics: What Business Lawyers Need to Know about Non-Profits
Wednesday, November 16, 2022 (12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 63
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Natasha SmithMiller Thomson LLP
Do you understand the applicable law governing non-profits? Like business corporations, non-profits are often incorporated. But they (and their directors) can be subject to additional legislative rules that restrict their activities and govern decisions involving their assets. Keeping up to date on all of the relevant law applicable to non-profits will allow you to provide your clients with timely advice or know when to refer them to a specialist. Tune in to this focussed program where our presenters give you the information you need to know, like the effect of Ontario’s new Not-For-Profit Corporations Act.
- Hear about key governance considerations for Ontario non-profits under the new Not-for-Profit Corporations Act
- Understand the changes to the Income Tax Act affecting registered charities proposed in the 2022 Federal Budget
- Learn how the Religious Organizations' Land Act applies to registered charities and hear about other municipal law and real estate concerns for non-profit corporations
- Heather Keachie, Gardiner Roberts LLP
- David Tang, Miller Thomson LLP
- Alexandra Tzannidakis, KPMG Law LLP