Advanced Tax Issues and Strategies for Family Lawyers
Tuesday, May 31, 2022 (9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 89
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Steve Ranot, CPA, CA•IFA, CBVMarmer Penner Inc.
Whether you are dealing with property issues, income determination, post-separation credits and deductions or settlement, you need to understand the income tax implications that could significantly affect how you resolve the matter for your clients. To competently deal with these often-complex matters, you need to consider your ethical obligations in dealing with financial disclosure and unreported income. Learn how to approach these issues confidently to safeguard both you and your client from any future concerns.
- Understand which deductions are allowed for tax purposes but not allowed under the Guidelines
- Learn whether or not RRSPs should be used for settling support claims and why
- Hear about transferring property and the advantages of using the lifetime capital gains exemption
- Steve Ranot, CPA, CA•IFA, CBV, Marmer Penner Inc.
- Anna Barrett, CA, CBV, CFF, Marmer Penner Inc.
- Maneesha Mehra, C.S., Goldhart & Associates
- Kavita Bhagat, C.S., Kavita V. Bhagat Professional Corporation
- David Frenkel, Frenkel Tobin LLP
- Andrew Chris, Normandin Chris LLP