11th Human Rights Summit
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 (9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 133
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Shana French,Sherrard Kuzz LLP
Rani Khan, Counsel and Legal ManagerHuman Rights Legal Support Centre
Human Rights legal issues cut across many practice areas - from employment and labour litigation to WSIB law and in-house work. In this annual program, leading practitioners, adjudicators, and human rights workers update you on the year's important developments through interactive, fast-paced, moderated panel discussions. Designed to provide information for all legal services providers, lawyers, and paralegals alike, you learn important procedural and substantive information on how to represent clients before the Human Rights Tribunal and in Small Claims Court, or in any forum where these issues take precedence.
- What are best practices for conducting workplace harassment investigations?
- How do we consider the effect of colonization on our human rights processes?
- How are we addressing major workplace privacy challenges arising from the pandemic?
- Shana French, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
- Rani Khan, Counsel and Legal Manager, Human Rights Legal Support Centre
- Melissa Mark, Counsel, Human Rights Legal Support Centre
- Wade Poziomka, Ross & McBride LLP
- Elizabeth Traynor, Siskinds LLP
- Michelle Henry, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Marisa Scotto di Luzio, Counsel, Human Rights Support Centre
- Leah Simon, Vice Chair, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
- Kara Hardin, Psychotherapist and Former Lawyer, Kara Hardin Mental Health Consulting and Clinical Counseling
- Helgi Maki, Resilience Coaching and Consulting
- Dr. Larry Richard, J.D., PH.D., Founder and Principal Consultant, LawyerBrain LLC
- David Nahwegahbow, Nahwegahbow, Corbiere (Rama)
- Gillian Hnatiw, Gillian Hnatiw & Co.
- Katharine Montpetit, Rubin Thomlinson LLP
- Njeri Damali Sojourner-Campbell, Hicks Morley LLP
- Olanyi Parsons, OP Law
- Priya Sarin, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
- Dr. Teresa Scassa, Canada Research Chair in Information Law and Policy, Faculty of Law Common Law, University of Ottawa