10th In-House Counsel Summit
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 (9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Thursday, May 28, 2020 [click to view options]
Page Count: 205
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Andrea Kokonis, Chief Legal Officer and General CounselSOCAN
Giuliana Marinelli, Senior CounselRoyal Bank of Canada
For in-house counsel, pressure comes from both internal and external demands, and it's a daily challenge to manage your time. You need strategies for your legal department to deal with these stressors while helping it stay within the limits of your company's financial and staffing resources. Whether your department is large or small, our plenary and breakout sessions have the solutions that put your organization in a position to succeed.
- Learn how to drive change for diversity and inclusion
- Hear about risk assessment, and how to communicate risk assessment information for the business to your client
- Understand how to protect your company's IP
- Susan Kushneryk, Hansell LLP
- Matthew Estabrooks, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Brigitte Chan, Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Janet Chong, Legal Counsel, SOCAN
- Daniel Daniele, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
- Asma Faizi, Head of Legal Affairs, Access Copyright
- Mark LeBlanc, General Counsel, TVOntario
- Bob Tarantino, Counsel, Dentons Canada LLP
- Lisa Talbot, Torys LLP
- Laura Zizzo, Mantle314 Inc.
- Anton Tabuns, Barrister and Solicitor, and Senior Advisor, Mantle314 Inc.
- Richard Pfohl, General Counsel, Music Canada/CONNECT Music Licensing
- Imran Ahmad, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Afshan Ali, Managing Counsel, CIBC
- Yasmin Visram, Senior Managing Counsel, iA Financial Group
- May Cheng, C.S., Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Nicole Henderson, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Warren Sheffer, Hebb & Sheffer
- Tina Loucaides, Vice-President, Secretary, and General Counsel, Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Darlene Tonelli, Darlene Tonelli Professional Corporation
- Christine J. Prudham, Executive Vice-President, General Counsel, Xplornet Communications Inc
- Joanna Fine, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP