Mental Health for Legal Professionals Summit
Click here for Day Two information
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 (9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 66
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Beth Beattie, CounselMinistry of the Attorney General
Teresa Donnelly, TreasurerLaw Society of Ontario
As a legal professional, your work could pose real challenges to your mental health every day — even before the pandemic. Those challenges are now multiplied. At this summit, you hear directly from legal professionals who experience mental illness about how they tackle these issues in their professional lives. Speakers discuss the impact of workplace and legal culture on members’ mental health and how to reduce stigma in the legal professions. A must-attend event for paralegals, lawyers, articling and paralegal students, law office diversity committees, and articling principals, you leave with effective tools to address mental health in your legal workplace, and learn how to support your colleagues with mental health issues.
- Beth Beattie, Counsel, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Teresa Donnelly, Treasurer, Law Society of Ontario
- The Honourable George R. Strathy, Chief Justice of Ontario
- Orlando Da Silva, LSM, Chief Administrator/CEO, Administrative Tribunals Support Services of Canada
- Michelle Leong Francis, Chief Business Architect, TTG Group Consulting Inc.
- Doron Gold, Psychotherapist and Social Worker, Homewood Health, Inc.
- Tanya Parker Wallace, Parker Wallace Family Law
- Lauren Linton, Law Clerk and Paralegal, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Dr. Raj Bhatla, Psychiatrist-in-Chief & Chief of Staff, Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
- Darryl Singer, Diamond and Diamond Lawyers LLP
- Kara Hardin, Psychotherapist and Former Lawyer, Kara Hardin Mental Health Consulting and Clinical Counseling
- The Honourable Lori Anne Thomas, Ontario Court of Justice
- Françoise Mathieu, Psychotherapist and Executive Director, TEND Academy
- Zehra Haffajee, Victim/Witness Service Worker, Ontario Victim Witness Assistance Program
- Fran Carnerie, Deputy Legal Director (retired) Ministry of the Environment, currently: PhD in Law candidate, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Helgi Maki, Resilience Coaching and Consulting