Workplace Investigations: A Comprehensive Look at Emerging Issues and Practical Solutions
Monday, September 23, 2019 (9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
alternate date: Thursday, December 5, 2019 [click to view options]
Page Count: 149
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Lauren Bernardi,Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP
Jennifer MacKenzieJMJ Workplace Investigation Law LLP
Even a positive workplace environment can undergo stressful pressures when a workplace investigation is pending. Whether you represent parties to an investigation, conduct investigations, or advise on equity and diversity matters in the workplace, it's crucial to have a solid understanding of both the issues and the steps necessary to respond or participate effectively. Careful planning while developing an effective process can eliminate potential claims and ensure a productive environment. Our presenters take you through all the steps, skills, and insight you need, from fact-finding, to identifying the issues, to ensuring procedural fairness, and more.
- Learn about investigation reports and the issue of privilege
- Gain insight into conducting or representing trauma-informed investigations
- Explore best practices for creating a procedurally fair workplace investigation
- Krista Siedlak, Turnpenney Milne LLP
- Megan Burkett, McMaster University
- Hermie Abraham, Advocation Professional Corporation
- Arleen Huggins, Koskie Minsky LLP
- Sarah Crossley, Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
- Alison Renton, Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP
- Pilar Michaud, McMaster University
- Tanya (Toni) De Mello, Director of Human Rights, Office of the Vice President Equity and Community Inclusion, Ryerson
- Monica Jeffrey, JMJ Workplace Investigation Law LLP
- Dean Benard, Benard & Associates
- Natasha Savoline, Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP
- Ashley Lattal, Lattal Law
- Blaine Donais, Donais Mediations and Arbitrations Inc.
- Dorian Persaud, Persaud Employment Law
- Inna Koldorf, Miller Thomson LLP
- Hagar Akua Prah, Consultant on Sexual Violence Prevention and Response, Equity and Inclusion Office, McMaster University
- Justin Diggle, Employee and Labour Relations, Senior Legal Counsel, The Regional Municipality of Peel