Wills and Estates Refresher 2018
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 (09:00 AM-12:30 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 [click to view options]
Page Count: 235
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Jordan Atin, C.S., TEPAtin Professional Corporation
Estate planning and drafting wills can get complicated, especially if you do them frequently. We have designed a refresher to help you manage the essentials. Our presenters give you an overview of the process, from the advice you might give your client on an estate plan to drafting tips and strategies, finishing with the appropriate follow-up after execution of the will and pointers on avoiding negligence claims. You also receive updates on the developments in this area so you have a complete picture of the current landscape.
- Learn how to use technology to build a will plan
- Understand drafting techniques to address disabled beneficiaries
- Be aware of the issues that arise in preparing trusts on principal residences
- Jordan Atin, C.S., TEP, Atin Professional Corporation
- Ed Esposto, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Mary-Alice Thompson, C.S., TEP, Cunningham, Swan, Carty, Little & Bonham LLP