The Six-Minute Labour Lawyer 2019
Thursday, June 20, 2019 (9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 [click to view options]
Page Count: 240
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
Craig FloodKoskie Minsky LLP
Jodi Gallagher HealyHicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP
It's been a busy year. Many important provincial and federal arbitration, labour board, and court cases have been released, impacting various facets of labour law. Turn to our presenting arbitrators, labour board adjudicators, union counsel, and management lawyers for concise highlights and valuable commentary on a range of cases, topical issues, and legislative developments. As always, you receive a collection of papers and materials that explore each speaker's topic in greater depth.
- What is a reasonable expectation of privacy in the workplace after Jarvis?
- In what circumstances will discipline for recreational marijuana use be upheld at arbitration?
- When does a reduction of hours amount to a layoff?
- Craig Flood, Koskie Minsky LLP
- Jodi Gallagher Healy, Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP
- Ernie Schirru, Koskie Minsky LLP
- Geneviève Debané, Vice Chair, Ontario Labour Relations Board
- Mathias Link, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Meg Atkinson, CaleyWray Lawyers
- Shivani Chopra, Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP
- Adrienne Lei, Dewart Gleason LLP
- Michelle Henry, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Susan Philpott, Goldblatt Partners LLP
- Caroline Cohen, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Jennifer Micallef, Ryder Wright Blair & Holmes LLP
- Sara Malkin, Mathews Dinsdale & Clark LLP
- Dijana Simonovic, UNIFOR
- Raquel Chisholm, Emond Harnden LLP
- Mihad Fahmy, Barrister and Solicitor
- Kathleen Stokes, Weaver Simmons LLP
- Colin Johnston, Arbitrator/Mediator
- Tim Lawson, McCarthy Tétrault LLP