The Six-Minute Estates Lawyer 2018
Thursday, May 3, 2018 (09:00 AM-12:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
University of Toronto Conference Centre, Giovanni Room, 2nd Floor, 89 Chestnut Street, Toronto
Marcia GreenNelligan O'Brien Payne LLP
Ian Hull, C.S.Hull & Hull LLP
It's difficult to stay on top of the rapid developments in estates and trust law, both legislative and new case law; it's daunting to look back at what you might have missed. But you have no choice. Whether you're a solicitor or a barrister—whether you're advising individual clients about succession planning for their small farm, for example, or representing a large trust company—you need to keep up. Our Six-Minute format is designed to alert you to major changes provincially and is an ideal way to keep pace. Turn to our expert counsel for a comprehensive summary and analysis of legislative developments, recent case law, and best practices.
- How can you increase the odds of achieving a successful outcome in mediation?
- What are the pros and cons of certain spousal trust options?
- How can you accommodate clients with cognitive impairments?
- What special considerations apply to life insurance and RRSP beneficiary designations for minors?
- How can you avoid conflicts between the roles of estate solicitor and estate trustee?
- Jordan Atin, C.S., TEP, Atin Professional Corporation
- Clare Burns, WeirFoulds LLP
- Carol Craig, Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
- Justin de Vries, de VRIES LITIGATION LLP
- Brendan Donovan, Wagner Sidlofsky LLP
- Alexandra Mayeski, Mayeski Mathers LLP
- Michael Morgan, Ross & McBride LLP
- Daniel Pinnington, President & Chief Executive Officer, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company (LawPRO®)
- Suzana Popovic-Montag, TEP, Hull & Hull LLP
- Alexander Procope, Perez Bryan Procope LLP
- Kathleen Robichaud, Law Office of Kathleen Robichaud
- Satie Seeraj, Registrar and Supervisor of Court Opperations, Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Bankruptcy/Commercial, Estates and Assessments
- Susan Stamm, Counsel, Property Rights, Office of the Children's Lawyer, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Debra Stephens, Firm Counsel to WEL Partners, WEL Partners
- Paul Taylor, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Mary-Alice Thompson, C.S., TEP, Cunningham Swan LLP
- Jason Ward, Wards Lawyers PC
- Kimberly Whaley, C.S., TEP, WEL Partners