Practice Management for Litigators
Monday, November 27, 2017 (09:00 AM-12:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Thursday, May 10, 2018 [click to view options]
Page Count: 60
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Cynthia Kuehl, C.S.,Lerners LLP
Lisa Munro,Lerners LLP
Implementing a robust practice management system can bring immediate and long-term benefits, whether you run a small practice or work in a large firm. Are you confident about your organizational skills? Have you met all of the obligatory bookkeeping requirements? Have you put conflict-checking procedures in place? Learn how to run effective introductory interviews, how to open and manage your files, and how to delegate to staff appropriately. Customize your own system so that you progress efficiently and seamlessly from the initial interview with your client until your final account is sent.
- Robert Centa, Paliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLP
- Kirsten Crain, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Katherine Ford, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
- Nimali Gamage, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Naomi Horrox, Counsel and Team Manager, Practice Management, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ian Hu, Counsel, Claims Prevention & practicePRO, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company (LawPRO®)
- Cynthia Kuehl, C.S., Lerners LLP
- Lisa Munro, Lerners LLP
- Benjamin Na, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Daniel Pinnington, Vice President, Claims Prevention & Stakeholder Relations, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company (LawPRO®)
- Jessica Rubin, Miller Thomson LLP
- Jane Southren, Jane Southren Consulting
- Colin Stevenson, C.S., Stevenson, Whelton, MacDonald & Swan LLP