Defamation at a Crossroads: Trends and Developments
Friday, September 14, 2018 (09:00 AM-12:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 51
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Brian RadnoffLerners LLP
The law of defamation evolves quickly. Are you up to speed? For example, are you aware the Court of Appeal of Ontario recently relaxed some of the pleading requirements? Or are you familiar with the new developments in notice requirements and how far their terms extend, particularly for non-media defendants, as well as what's new with limitation periods? You can count on our presenters to have their fingers on the pulse.
- Consider the Law Reform Commission Project and Discussion Paper
- Analyze potential outcomes of modernizing the Libel and Slander Act and how best to deal with internet-based claims and intermediaries
- Find out the key implications of Anti-SLAPP legislation
- Andrew Bernstein, Torys LLP
- Andrea Gonsalves, Stockwoods LLP
- Andrew MacDonald, Bersenas Jacobsen Chouest Thomson Blackburn LLP
- Brian Radnoff, Lerners LLP
- Jeffrey Saikaley, CazaSaikaley SRL/LLP
- Paul Schabas, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Rebecca Shoom, Lerners LLP