Commercial Real Estate Transactions 2018
Thursday, September 20, 2018 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 94
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Chris HubandBlake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Real estate markets are fluctuating; interest rates are inching upwards. These factors can increase risks for all those who are financially involved in real estate. Commercial buyers and sellers, lenders and borrowers—clients like these need their lawyers to assess and reduce the risks inherent in the current climate. Our experienced practitioners can help you understand the difference between the latest due diligence concerns for purchasers and vendors, as well as how to deal with common limitations on liability. You also get tips about land transfer tax hot buttons and guidance dealing with non-resident purchasers or vendors.
- Get insight into vendor and purchaser due diligence
- Understand land transfer tax considerations for commercial transactions
- Find out the latest developments in cannabis uses for industrial property
- Learn how to protect your clients when dealing with non-resident vendors or purchasers
- Determine the right approach to commercial condominium property from a purchaser's perspective
- Gosia Bawolska, Cadence Litigation Professional Corporation
- Rodney Davidge, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Elizabeth Earon, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Marco Gammone, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Patrick Gordon, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Natalia Iamundo, Bennett Jones LLP
- Sherri Lavine, Chaitons LLP
- Michael Lieberman, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
- Nelly Mosstaghimi-Tehrani, Miller Thomson LLP
- Odysseas Papadimitriou, Harris Sheaffer LLP