Commercial Priorities for Real Estate and Business Lawyers 2019
Monday, October 28, 2019 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Monday, June 8, 2020 [click to view options]
Page Count: 89
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Craig MillsMiller Thomson LLP
The status of the country's economy is difficult to assess from day to day—sometimes it's good, the next day, not so much. Given this volatility, it's likely that your clients may need to enforce their security interests in the foreseeable future. They may even be the target of a creditor's enforcement actions. That's why a clear understanding of commercial priorities is critical to your clients' well-being.
- Understand how to protect an owner’s investment in a business (making the owner a priority creditor)
- Learn how to deal with aggressive mortgagees
- Hear about deemed trusts outside of insolvency and how to terminate contracts inside of insolvency
- Brendan Bissell, Goldman Sloan Nash & Haber LLP
- Lisa Corne, Dickinson Wright LLP
- Calvin Ho, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Alex Ilchenko, C.S., Pallett Valo LLP
- Asim Iqbal, Miller Thomson LLP
- Karen Perron, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- R. Graham Phoenix, Loopstra Nixon LLP
- Maya Poliak, Chaitons LLP