Class Actions Update
Thursday, November 8, 2018 (09:00 AM-12:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 84
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Chantelle CsehDavies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
Steven FrankelDavies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
With their concise analysis, our presenters zero in on all the important developments in class action litigation. This program is both an update and refresher on key issues, like jurisdiction in actions involving international class members, strategies for dealing with overlapping, multi-jurisdictional class proceedings, and more. Plus, you hear about recent trends around common issues trials.
- Discuss the use of third-party litigation funding in Ontario
- Analyze practical considerations for both plaintiff and defence counsel regarding consortium arrangements, carriage motions, and joint defence arrangements
- Hear about trends in class certification from counsel specializing in competition, securities, product liability, and other areas
- Garth Myers, Koskie Minsky LLP
- James Gotowiec, Torys LLP
- Jonathan Foreman, Harrison Pensa LLP
- Katherine Kay, Stikeman Elliott LLP
- Amanda Quayle, McDougall Gauley LLP
- Michael Robb, Siskinds LLP
- Caitlin Sainsbury, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- David Sterns, Sotos LLP
- Tania Sulan, Chief Investment Officer, Bentham IMF
- Kent Thomson, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineber g LLP
- Margaret Waddell, Waddell Phillips
- Emily Fan, Lerners LLP