Choosing the Right Business Structure
Thursday, October 4, 2018 (12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 28
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Sundeep SandhuBlaney McMurtry LLP
Your clients need to choose the right business structure for their enterprise. A misstep could cost them money, time, and might even threaten the viability of the business. Can you guide them with confidence? Our presenters make sure that you can. First, they give you an overview of alternative structures, such as sole proprietorship, various partnerships, and incorporation. Then they illustrate the pros and cons of each one so you're able to best serve your client.
- Get an overview of alternative business structures
- Learn details about the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorships
- Hear about the right partnership structure to fit the deal
- Understand corporate governance, share structures, and why a client should incorporate
- Benefit from an analysis of the tax implications of business and deal structures
- Anna Balinsky, Miller Thomson LLP
- Victor Liu, Goodmans LLP
- Jesslyn Maurier, Bennett Jones LLP
- Cynthia Sargeant, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
- Vitaly Timokhov, TaxChambers LLP
- Dennis Tobin, Blaney McMurtry LLP