Arbitration: An Update for Litigators
Monday, October 7, 2019 (01:00 PM-04:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 76
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Tamryn JacobsonGoodmans LLP
The litigation process has many forks along the road to resolution. Arbitration is one such alternative. Are you confident in your understanding of the arbitration process? Do you have a solid understanding of jurisdiction, rules, and options for increasing efficiency? Our presenters take you through all the possibilities and bolster your knowledge of best practices for effective representation of your clients.
- Analyze the statutory and other rules governing domestic and international arbitrations
- Review recent case law relating to interpretation and enforcement of arbitration agreements
- Consider issues around selection of arbitrators and designing an efficient process
- Contemplate key professionalism issues like advocacy and confidentiality
- Tamryn Jacobson, Goodmans LLP
- Christina Doria, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Hugh Meighen, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Paul-Erik Veel, Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP
- Rahat Godil, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Stephen Morrison, Stephen Richard Morrison ADR Inc.
- Megan Keenberg, C.S., Van Kralingen & Keenberg LLP
- Lauren Tomasich, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- John Keefe, Keefe Chambers
- Junior Sirivar, McCarthy Tétrault LLP