A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing a Factum
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 (1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Thursday, June 13, 2019 [click to view options]
Page Count: 103
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Greg TemeliniWright Temelini LLP
Writing a factum in law school is one thing, writing one for the Court is an entirely different matter! Real clients are involved, with real consequences. Could you use another opportunity to try your hand at a factum assignment? Our presenters are ready to guide you. You learn to consider, at the outset, your approach and reason for writing the factum, and then how to write a clear overview statement, set out the facts, and frame the issues.
- Hear from experienced counsel and judges on best practices
- Determine and discuss ethical issues which may arise
- The Honourable Suhail Akhtar, Superior Court of Justice
- The Honourable Michal Fairburn, Superior Court of Justice
- Peter Cronyn, Nelligan O'Brien Payne LLP
- Darryl Cruz, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Caroline Mandell, Caroline Mandell Legal Writing Coach
- Nastaran Roushan, Barrister and Solicitor
- Denise Sayer, Paris & Company