8th Annual In-House Counsel Summit
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 (9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 [click to view options]
Page Count: 199
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Andrea Kokonis, Associate General CounselSOCAN
Giuliana Marinelli, Senior CounselRoyal Bank of Canada
Large or small, in-house legal departments are as varied as the businesses and organizations they serve. But there's a common thread that connects them all: you're busy. We understand that. We also understand how you work and precisely what information you need. Our roster of experienced in-house counsel and specialized practitioners survey a wide range of topics to address your specific needs. Look to them to explain the latest CASL developments, provide necessary primers on "blockchain" and "fintech", and help you with legal department management, plus much more.
- Learn about confidentiality obligations and departing employees
- Gain insight into artificial intelligence: from legal considerations to legal use cases
- Find leadership opportunities as a lawyer
- Creating synergies between "fintechs" and your organization
- Understand "blockchain": get a legal perspective on an emerging technology
- Shelby Austin, National Service Line Leader, Strategic Analytics & Modelling, Deloitte LLP
- Ana Badour, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Martha Binks, General Counsel, Assistant Corporate Secretary and Director of Legal Services, Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
- May Cheng, C.S., Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Nyree Embiricos, Vice President and Senior Counsel, General Counsel's Organization, Amex Bank of Canada
- Matthew Flynn, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Fernando Garcia, General Counsel, Government Affairs and Corporate Secretary, Nissan Canada Inc.
- Angela Giancaterini, Legal Counsel, Kellogg Canada Inc.
- Darryl Hiscocks, Torys LLP
- Trent Horne, C.S., Aird & Berlis LLP
- Tara James, Senior Counsel, IP Centre of Excellence, Legal, Corporate & Compliance Group, Bank of Montreal
- Colin Kelly, Counsel, Employment Law, CIBC
- Samuel Kramer, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Daniel Logan, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Maya Medeiros, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
- Naveen Mehta, General Counsel, Director of Human Rights, Equity & Diversity, United Food and Commercial Workers Canada
- Kristina Milbourn, Director, Copyright & Broadband, Corporate Affairs - Regulatory, Rogers Communications
- Ingrid Minott, Legal Counsel, Deloitte LLP
- Benjamin Na, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Laurence Prystawski, General Counsel, Geotab Inc.
- Warren Sheffer, Hebb & Sheffer
- Kathrine Smirle, Director and Senior Counsel, Royal Bank of Canada
- Tom Stevenson, Torys LLP
- George Takach, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Lisa Talbot, Torys LLP