7th Annual Human Rights Summit
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 (09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 175
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Shana French,Sherrard Kuzz LLP
Sharmaine Hall, Senior CounselHuman Rights Legal Support Centre
Developments in human rights law never stop. Nor should you. You need to keep up with all the changes, and our annual summit is a perfect opportunity to do so. Hear leading practitioners, arbitrators, and tribunal members analyze the most critical cases and legislative developments of the past year. They cover both substantive and procedural issues, as well as address important service-based and employment-related topics, so that you get completely up to date.
- Understand your responsibilities to unrepresented litigants
- Gain insights into accommodating mental health issues
- Hear about the new processes at the Human Rights Tribunal
- Get updated on the latest major Tribunal and Court decisions
- Consider how to prevent and address sexual harassment in your practice
- Kathryn Bird, Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie LLP
- Wassim Garzouzi, Raven, Cameron, Ballantyne & Yazbeck LLP
- Sundeep Gokhale, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
- Doron Gold, JD, MSW, RSW, CPCC, Social Worker, Staff Clinician, Homewood Health
- Mark Hart, Vice-Chair, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
- Sheryl Johnson, Fogler, Rubinoff LLP
- Neil Keating, Labourers International Union of North America (LiUNA), Local 183
- Reema Khawja, Senior Counsel, Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Steve Lavender, Legal Department, Toronto Transit Commission
- Ellen Low, Ellen Low Employment Law
- Melissa Mark, Human Rights Legal Support Centre
- Jennifer Scott, The Lead of the Child and Youth Division, Social Justice Tribunals of Ontario
- Jo-Ann Seamon, Senior Counsel & Manager of Legal Services, Human Rights Legal Support Centre
- Hena Singh, Singh Lamarche LLP
- Melissa Snider-Adler, MD, CCFP, MRO (AAMRO), DABAM, Chief Medical Review Officer, DriverCheck Inc.
- Sari Springer, Littler LLP
- Elizabeth Traynor, Siskinds LLP
- Cheryl Wiles Pooran, Pooranlaw Professional Corporation