31st Immigration Law Summit (Day One)
Click here for Day Two information
Tuesday, November 21, 2023 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Barbara Jo Caruso, C.S.,Corporate Immigration Law Firm
Meva Motwani, Counsel, National Litigation SectorDepartment of Justice Canada
Bringing together government immigration and refugee officials, private practitioners, Department of Justice lawyers, adjudicators, and refugee advocates, this summit is the perfect opportunity to get up-to-date on the latest legal developments and government program changes. And with the option to attend in-person again this year, you also have opportunities to interact informally with other lawyers and paralegals working in citizenship, immigration, and refugee law. Make sure not to miss out on vital information about this growing practice area!
- What's new with Permanent Residency Applications?
- How can you best prepare a Stay Application?
- Who, in government, can you contact when something goes wrong on a file?
- What's the latest on Express Entry, OINP, and Targeted Draws?
- What do the latest cases out of the Federal Court tell us?
- What are the best approaches to managing your client's expectations?