24th Intellectual Property Law: The Year in Review
Thursday, January 16, 2020 (9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 231
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
May Cheng, C.S.Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Monique CoutureGowling WLG (Canada) LLP
Our flagship intellectual property law program keeps delivering, year after year. Our presenters hone in on the core areas of patent, trade-mark, and copyright law, updating you on key changes, including recent ones to the Trademarks Act and Madrid Protocol filing strategies and searching issues. Also, we recognize that today's IP practice must keep step with a number of new challenges, so we added a focus on emerging issues, offering insights on data protection and how it affects your client's IP, and more.
- Learn about the growing intersection between IP and data protection
- Gain insight into ethical dilemmas in IP
- Get a better understanding of global search and trademark filing strategies post-Madrid
- Vincent de Grandpré, Osler Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Sangeetha Punniyamoorthy, DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
- Erin Best, Stewart McKelvey
- Patricia Kosseim, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Dr. Teresa Scassa, Canada Research Chair in Information Law, Faculty of Law Common Law, University of Ottawa
- Wendy Wagner, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- The Honourable Janet Fuhrer, Federal Court of Canada
- Michael Crinson, Aitken Klee LLP
- Matthew Asbell, Ladas & Parry LLP (New York)
- Andrea Rush, C.S., Blaney McMurtry LLP