23rd Intellectual Property Law: The Year in Review
Thursday, January 17, 2019 (9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 [click to view options]
Page Count: 128
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs (in-person, live webcast, or live webcast replay) or view them on-demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
May Cheng, C.S.Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Monique CoutureGowling WLG (Canada) LLP
Our flagship intellectual property law program returns with all the necessary updates on the core areas of patent, trade‐mark, and copyright law. Recently, IP practice has turned its eye to meeting the legal needs of emerging industries, and our presenters reflect this new focus with sessions on developments in cannabis and AI, among others. Join your IP colleagues for a stimulating day of discussion and insight that will enhance your professional knowledge.
- Learn how AI will disrupt IP practice
- Gain insight into how cannabis laws impact IP protection
- Find out more about USMCA’s potential impact on IP laws
- Dominique Hussey, Bennett Jones LLP
- Mark Evans, Smart & Biggar/Fetherstonhaugh
- Gerald (Jay) Kerr-Wilson, Partner, Trade-mark Agent, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Christelle Gedeon, Chief Legal Officer, Aphria Inc.
- Pierre Killeen, Vice-President of Government Relations and Corporate Communications, The HEXO Corporation
- Jennifer McKenzie, Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Robert MacDonald, C.S., Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Alan Macek, DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
- Sangeetha Punniyamoorthy, Dimock Stratton LLP
- Andrea Johnson, Dentons Canada LLP
- James Kosa, WeirFoulds LLP
- Maya Medeiros, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP