23rd Estates and Trusts Summit (Day Two)
Click here for Day One information
Thursday, October 8, 2020 (9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 [click to view options]
View this webcast-only program from your home or office computer
Page Count: 470
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Nimali GamageGoddard Gamage LLP
Alyson SweetloveGeorge Street Law Group LLP
It’s not an understatement to say that the past year has been unprecedented in estates matters, and our presenters cover it all. Whether you are a sole practitioner with a varied practice, or a practitioner in a firm specializing in estates and trusts law, this annual two-day program brings you the most important developments on what you want and need to know. Day One addresses the latest information on estates, trust, and capacity/elder law litigation, while Day Two focuses on the estate solicitor's practice, including planning, administration, and tax. Join with your fellow practitioners for important and illuminating discussions on this foundational practice area.
- What are the common errors in estate applications that cause delays and how can you avoid them?
- What do attorneys for personal care need to know about long-term care homes in light of COVID-19?
- How does understanding culture assist in resolving estate disputes?
- What strategies can you deploy to help avoid disputes between siblings?
- Nimali Gamage, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Alyson Sweetlove, George Street Law Group LLP
- The Honourable Bernadette Dietrich, Superior Court of Justice
- Andrew Keesmaat, Agro Zaffiro LLP
- Raphael Tachie, Senior Counsel, TD Bank Group
- Kristine Anderson, Bales Beall LLP
- Kavina Nagrani, Nika Law LLP
- Eric Hoffstein, TEP, Fogler, Rubinoff LLP
- Charles Ticker, Barrister and Solicitor
- Natalia Angelini, Hull & Hull LLP
- Sheila Morris, Minden Gross LLP
- Benjamin Arkin, Arkin Furrow Estate Law LLP
- Karen Watters, Gowling WLG
- Alexandra Spinner, Crowe Soberman LLP
- Jan Goddard, Goddard Gamage LLP
- Jane Meadus, Advocacy Centre for the Elderly
- Verlyn Francis, Francis Law Centre
- Sara Cohen, Fertility Law Canada™ at D2Law LLP
- Ian Hull, C.S., Hull & Hull LLP
- Kimberly Whaley, C.S., TEP, WEL Partners
- Dora Charalambous, Toronto Registrar and Supervisor, Court Operations,, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Matthew Mitchell, Client Services Representative, Superior Court of Justice - Estates Department (Hamilton)