19th Annual Employment Law Summit
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 (09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Kumail Karimjee,Karimjee Greene LLP / Karimjee Resolutions Inc.
Laura Williams,Williams HR Law Professional Corporation
Year after year, this annual program gets you fully up to date on the most important new cases and legislation in employment law. You can't afford to miss it. Whether you represent employers or employees—or both—our panels of expert practitioners deliver practical and relevant analysis of the year's critical developments in an interactive environment.
- What is involved in launching a class action?
- What impact will marijuana legalization have on workplace drug testing?
- How will the modern workplace change employment law?
- What are the implications of recent mitigation cases for termination clauses?
- What are the pros and cons of the different forums for sexual harassment and assault claims?
- Kumail Karimjee, Karimjee Greene LLP / Karimjee Resolutions Inc.
- Laura Williams, Williams HR Law Professional Corporation
- Hermie Abraham, Advocation Professional Corporation
- Kathryn Meehan, Hicks Morley Hamilton Stewart Storie
- Andrew Monkhouse, Monkhouse Law Professional Corporation
- Lisa Talbot, Torys LLP
- Sylvia Samuel, Zubas + Associates Employment Lawyers
- Jennifer Mathers McHenry, Teplitsky, Colson LLP
- Peter Israel, P.I. Dispute Resolution Services Inc.
- Melany Franklin, Sideroad ADR
- Elaine Newman, Newman Arbitrations Inc.
- Wade Poziomka, Ross & McBride LLP
- Ranjan Agarwal, Bennett Jones LLP
- Rishi Bandhu, Bandhu Lakhani Campea LLP
- Doron Gold, JD, MSW, RSW, CPCC, Social Worker, Staff Clinician, Homewood Health
- Beth Beattie, The Bi-Polar Express
- Joanna Birenbaum, Ursel Phillips Fellows Hopkinson LLP
- Susan Vella, Rochon Genova LLP