13th Family Law Summit
Click here for Day Two information
Monday, March 18, 2019 (09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 [click to view options]
Hilton Toronto, 145 Richmond Street West, Toronto Ballroom, Convention Level
Page Count: 655
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Kelly Jordan, C.S.Kelly D. Jordan Family Law Firm
Mary-Jo Maur, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law,Queen's University
The summit is the resource you need to stay current in family law. Our presenters are lawyers, judges, and experts who provide the latest in-depth, comprehensive examination of both ongoing and emerging issues that family law lawyers face in their practice. They explore child and spousal support, custody and access, division of property, procedural and practice management, as well as professionalism issues. In addition, they offer an analysis of the latest case law, trends and hot topics, and deliver practical strategies on resolving family law matters successfully.
- Hear how to deal with safety and harassment issues in a family law firm
- Understand how to value unusual assets
- Learn from our panel of judges which Rules and tools can be used to resolve matters more effectively
- Get tips on the essentials in drafting domestic contracts
- Kelly Jordan, C.S., Kelly D. Jordan Family Law Firm
- Mary-Jo Maur, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Queen's University (Kingston)
- Maria Mitousis, Petersen King Law Corporation (Winnipeg)
- Andrew Pinto, Pinto James LLP
- Brahm Siegel, C.S., Acc. F.M., Nathens Siegel LLP
- Philip Epstein, Q.C., LSM, Epstein Cole LLP
- Professor D.A. Rollie Thompson, Q.C., Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University (Halifax)
- Daniel Melamed, C.S., Torkin Manes LLP
- Lawrence Pascoe, Mirsky, Pascoe (Ottawa)
- The Honourable David Price, Superior Court of Justice (Brampton)
- The Honourable Stanley Sherr, Ontario Court of Justice
- The Honourable Maria Sirivar, Ontario Court of Justice
- Tami Moscoe, Senior Family Counsel, Office of the Chief Justice, Superior Court of Justice
- Georgina Carson, MacDonald & Partners LLP
- Richard Davies, CPA, CA, CBV, CFE, CFF, Cohen Hamilton Steger & Co. Inc.
- The Honourable Freya Kristjanson, Superior Court of Justice